I found some incredibly delicious white peaches and white nectarines at the store the other week. They were so sweet, juicy and full of yummy flavor!
I practically inhaled the nectarines. So with the peaches, I made peach crisp. Oh. My. Gosh.
I had 6 large peaches, I peeled them and sliced them into bite size chunks and tossed them in a bowl. I may or may not have eaten a few chunks. I added about 3 tablespoons each of white sugar and brown sugar, I didn’t want to add too much sugar since they were already pretty sweet naturally. Then I added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, a sprinkle or two of nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and tossed gently. Depending on your peaches, you may need to add more sugar.
In a separate bowl I added ¾ cup of flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon and stirred with a fork to combine. Then I added 6 T cubed, chilled butter and cut in until crumbly. At the end of cutting in the butter I like to use my hands and quickly crumble the mixture too, you do not have to do this but I always feel I need to get in there with my hands and help it along! Sprinkle the crumbles over the top of the peaches and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and the top is golden.
I made cinnamon ice cream to go with the crisp, it was a perfect combination and a wonderful treat to end the summer.
Here’s the recipe:
¾ cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter, cut in cubes
6 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced into bite size pieces
3 tablespoons sugar, more if your peaches are not very sweet
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Ground nutmeg, few dashes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently combine sliced peaches with sugars, cinnamon and vanilla. Set aside.
- For crumb topping, in a separate bowl add flour, sugar and cinnamon and stir gently to combine. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- In an 8×8 greased glass baking pan, add peaches and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the peaches.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the topping is golden and the peaches are slightly bubbly and tender.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Have an awesome day!