I love cooking eggs for breakfast and dinner. This frittata recipe is so simple and easy and is perfect for either breakfast or dinner.
It’s also perfect to take to work too.
I did not add cheese to this but you could, even sautéed mushrooms would work well. I just do not care for mushrooms.
Oh and roasted red bell peppers too!
And bacon! You could also add crumbled, crisp bacon!! Oh how delicious that would be!!
Looks like I need to make more frittata!
Sausage and Potato Frittata
3 links of sausage, casings removed
1-1/2 cups of diced potatoes, frozen or fresh
1 small onion, peeled and diced
1-1/2 cups spinach leaves, stems removed
7 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
Salt, pepper, paprika, cumin to taste
Dash cayenne pepper
3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from stems
Olive oil for the cast iron skillet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium low heat, sauté onions and sausage until browned and crumbly. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and cayenne pepper while cooking. Remove sausage mixture from pan and set aside.
- Next, sauté potatoes until tender and golden, adding more oil if needed. Season with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Add the sausage and onions back to the pan with the potatoes. Add the spinach, tossing until cooked.
- When everything is tossed well, spread evenly around the pan and turn off the heat.
- Add the thyme leaves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over sausage and potatoes but do not stir.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and set.