This delicious pasta dish is so full of flavor and comes together pretty quickly.
The longest part of the prep is boiling the water for the fettuccine.
While your pasta water is heating up, dice the sun dried tomatoes and get all the other ingredients ready.
In a large frying pan, sauté the sun dried tomatoes in olive oil for a few minutes. Next, add tomato paste and diced tomatoes, I like the fire roasted. Sprinkle in a few red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Give everything a good stir, then add either light cream or half and half and stir again.
At this point, if your pasta is not quite ready, turn the heat off to the sauce. When the pasta is al dente, turn the heat on low and continue.
Put the cooked fettuccine noodles in the sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add one to two ladles of pasta water to help thin out the sauce but don’t over-do it!!
Top with more parmesan cheese, and a sliver or two of sun dried tomatoes. Basil works too! My basil however, was not pretty!!
Sun Dried Tomato Fettuccine
1 lb fettuccine
1 (14 oz) can of fire roasted tomatoes
¾ to 1 c light cream
½ c grated parmesan cheese
½ c sun dried tomatoes in oil, diced
3 T tomato paste
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
2 T olive oil
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Dice sun dried tomatoes and sauté in olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Add cream a little at a time stirring constantly, sauce will be thick.
- Immediately add cooked pasta, and a ladle of the pasta water and top with parmesan cheese and toss. Add another ladle of the pasta water if you need the sauce thinned out, but add a little at a time.
- Serve with additional cheese, basil and sun dried tomatoes.